- Create new empty project
- Import RagePixel .unitypackage to the project
- If you downloaded from Asset Store. Delete the /RagePixel/Demo -folder.
- Create new sprite from the GameObject -> Create Other -> RagePixel Sprite
- Alternative: Create empty GameObject and drag in RagePixelSprite
- Dialog pops up: Create a new spritesheet automatically? Yes, thank you.
- Three files are generated:
- Another dialog: Adjust the camera automatically? Sir, yes sir!
- Your Main Camera now has a RagePixelCamera -component.
Default scene cameras are (most likely) not setup correctly for RagePixel.
You get a big red warning message about this in the scene view.
- Set the view as BACK
- Check off the PERSPECTIVE
- Select your Main Camera
- Match the RagePixelCamera width/height with your project target resolution
Note how 640x320 matches the Game-tab dropdown on the left
- Click Apply (even if you didn't change anything)
- Double-click on the "New Sprite" GameObject from the project hierarchy.
- Select the PEN-tool from the left
- Draw something beautiful :)
- Open the animation strip from the bottom left corner
- Click NEW to create couple of new animation frames
- Draw some epic animation
- Enable Play On Awake and select Animation Mode = Ping Pong
- Play your scene